Souskaï de Mangues Vertes
(French Caribbean mango appetizer)
This simple, healthy and lowfat fruit appetizer is particularly popular in Guadeloupe and the French Antilles. Try to get green mangos, not ripe. They have a pleasant tart flavor.
4 to 6 servings
- Mango, not too ripe, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes -- 2
- Jalapeño pepper, minced -- 1
- Garlic, minced -- 1 clove
- Salt -- to taste
- Limes, juice only -- 2
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with toothpicks.
Souskaï de Mangues Vertes Variations
- Use a sprinkling of cayenne pepper instead of the jalapeño if you like.