(Puerto Rican pineapple-coconut cocktail)
If you can, avoid using coconut milk instead of coconut cream. It tends to make a watery drink with a slightly gritty texture.
Makes 2 to 3 servings
- Pineapple, cut into chunks -- 2 cups
- Coconut cream -- 2/3 cup
- White or spiced rum -- 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Crushed ice -- 2 cups
- Sugar (if needed) -- 2 tablespoons
- Place all ingredients except for the sugar in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Adjust flavor with sugar and more rum if needed. Blend again and serve in tall glasses.
Piña Colada Variations
- Substitute pineapple juice for the chunk pineapple if you prefer.