(English savory puff pudding)
Image by myhsu
6 to 8 servings
- Flour -- 2 cups
- Salt -- 1 teaspoon
- Eggs, beaten -- 6
- Milk -- 2 1/2 cups
- Pan drippings from Roast Prime Rib
- In a large bowl, beat together the flour, salt, eggs and milk until all lumps are removed and the batter is smooth. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. It is important that the batter be very cold.
- Preheat oven 425ºF. Remove all but about 1/4 cup of fat from the pan used to roast a prime rib. Get the pan hot in the oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Whisk the batter to get it smooth, then pour it all at once into the hot roasting pan. Return the pan to the oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pudding is puffed and lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- For Individual Puddings: Instead of using a roasting pan, pour some of the pan drippings into 6 to 8 wells of a 12-serving muffin tin and heat the pan in the oven. Pour equal amounts of batter into each well and bake until puffed, 10 to 15 minutes.