(Polish cucumber and sour cream salad)
Image by Guillaume Paumier
3 to 4 servings
- Cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeds removed and thinly sliced -- 1-2
- Salt -- 2 or 3 teaspoons
- Sour cream -- 1/2 cup
- Lemon, juice only -- 1/2
- Fresh dill, chopped -- 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper -- to taste
- Mix the cucumber and salt together in a large bowl and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse the cucumbers in a colander to remove excess salt and squeeze dry.
- In a large bowl, mix the cucumbers together with the rest of the ingredients. Adjust seasoning and serve well chilled.
- Substitute yogurt for some or all of the sour cream if you like.