(Venezuelan spicy avocado salsa)
Makes about 2 cups
- Avocados, peeled and seeded -- 3
- Tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped -- 1
- Onion, finely chopped -- 1/2
- Hot chile peppers, finely chopped -- 2 to 6
- Garlic, minced -- 2 or 3 cloves
- Salt and pepper -- to taste
- Olive oil -- 1/2 cup
- Vinegar -- 1/4 cup
- Chop the avocados roughly and place them in a large bowl. Mash them well with the back of a spoon or with a potato masher, leaving them slightly chunky.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
- Mix in some chopped parsley or cilantro if you like.
- The tomato is sometimes eliminated from the recipe.