(Chilean cilantro sauce for grilled meats)
Image by fotoscasadialc
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- Cilantro, chopped -- 2 bunches
- Scallions, minced -- 3-4
- Garlic, crushed -- 2-3 cloves
- Hot chile peppers, chopped -- 2-3
- Red wine or sherry vinegar -- 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper -- to taste
- Olive oil -- 3/4 cup
- Add all the ingredients except for the olive oil to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth but still a little chunky.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in the olive oil. Adjust seasoning and let stand at least 1/2 hour to allow the flavors to mingle. Serve at room temperature.
- Substitute a bunch of parsley for one of the bunches of cilantro.
- Use 1/2 chopped onion instead of the scallions.
- Ají peppers are used in Chile, but other types, like serrano or jalapeño, will work.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes.