Piaz ka Chatni
(Indian onion chutney)
Makes about 2 cups
- Onion, thinly sliced -- 2
- Chile peppers, seeded and chopped -- 1-3
- Tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped -- 1
- Lemon juice -- 1-2 tablespoons
- Paprika -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cumin -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper (optional) -- 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt -- to taste
- Rinse and squeeze the onions under running water for about 30 seconds.
- Add the rinsed onions and the remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until well blended but still chunky. Adjust seasoning and serve.
- If you don't have a food processor or blender, just mince the onions, peppers and tomatoes and mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.