(Caribbean rum punch)
Makes about 3 quarts
- Dark rum -- 1 (750-ml) bottle
- Orange juice -- 1 quart
- Pineapple juice -- 1 quart
- Lime juice -- 1 cup
- Ice cubes
- Mix the rum and juices together and chill well.
- Serve in a large punch bowl. Ladle into cups filled with ice cubes.
Planter's Punch Variations
- An old rhyming recipe for rum punch goes as follows:
"One of sour, two of sweet, three of strong and four of weak."
In other words, 1 part lime juice, 2 parts sugar or sugar syrup, 3 parts rum, 4 parts water, soda water or ice.
- Optional Additions: 1/4 cup grenadine (for color); a dash of Angostura bitters; orange slices; pineapple chunks; Maraschino cherries; grated nutmeg; cayenne pepper.
- For bubbly punch, substitute club soda for some of the fruit juice. You may need to add a little sugar or sugar syrup for sweetness.