(Indian cilantro chutney)
Cilantro chutney also makes an excellent marinade for chicken or pork.
Makes about 1 cup
- Cilantro, stems and all, chopped finely --1 bunch
- Onion, chopped -- 1
- Hot chile peppers, minced -- 1 or 2
- Salt -- 2 teaspoons
- Garam masala (optional) -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper -- pinch
- Lemon juice -- 1/4 cup
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until almost pureed, but still somewhat chunky.
- Adjust seasoning and chill before serving.