(Latin-Caribbean garlic sauce)
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- Good quality olive oil -- 1 cup
- Garlic, crushed -- 6 to 10 cloves
- Lemon or lime juice -- 1/4 cup
- Salt -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of salt or juice to taste.
- Canary Island-style Mojo: Mojo sauce originated in the Canary Islands, a chain of Spanish islands off the coast of West Africa. Add a tablespoon of paprika or ground cumin, or use combination of the two. For a little heat, add a chopped chile pepper. Serve with boiled potatoes or as a dip for bread.
- Add a little squeeze of orange juice for an authentic sour orange flavor. Or substitute vinegar for the citrus juice.
- Add a little dried oregano.
- Add a little water or chicken stock to the sauce to thin it out a bit if you like.