(Ethiopian fresh cheese)
Makes 2 cups
- Cottage cheese, small curd -- 2 cups
- Plain yogurt -- 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice -- 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper -- to taste
- Place the cottage cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a large bowl and use a wooden spoon to stir together and lightly mash the cheese curds.
- Adjust seasoning and serve as a side dish or as the final course to an Ethiopian meal.
- Iab be Gomen (Fresh cheese with greens): Stir in 2 cups of chopped and sauteed collard greens.
- For added flavor, you can stir in chopped parsley, spinach or fenugreek leaves. Fresh lemon zest can also be added.