(Venezuelan scrambled eggs)
4 to 6 servings
- Oil -- 2 tablespoons
- Onion, finely chopped -- 1
- Bell pepper (red, green or yellow), finely chopped -- 1
- Garlic, minced -- 2 cloves
- Tomatoes, seeded and chopped -- 2
- Eggs, lightly beaten -- 6
- Salt and pepper -- to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high flame. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onion is softened and translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes to reduce the liquid somewhat.
- Reduce heat to low, add the eggs, salt and pepper and cook, gently stirring the eggs occasionally to scramble them and just long enough to cook them through while keeping them soft.
- Serve with black beans, bread or arepas and a slice of fresh cheese.