(Italian peach and sparkling wine cocktail)
Bellinis make the perfect beverage for brunches and New Year's or other celebrations.
4 to 5 servings
- White peaches, pitted and chopped -- 2 large
- Prosecco or other sparkling white wine -- 1 bottle
- Puree the peaches in a blender and strain through a sieve. Should make about 1 cup of puree.
- Add the peach puree to a pitcher. Pour in the chilled proscesso and stir gently to mix. Serve in tall glasses or champagne flutes.
- Single Portion: Put 2 ounces of peach puree into the bottom of a tall glass or champagne flute and pour over 4 ounces of prosecco.
- Non-alcoholic Bellinis: use sparkling fruit juice or seltzer water in place of the prosecco.
- Peaches are not always in season. If you are making bellinis in the winter, it may be better to use frozen peaches or peach nectar.