(Korean stir-fried mushrooms)
Often spelled beoseos namul.
4 to 6 servings
- Dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water to re-hydrate -- 8 to 12
- Soy sauce -- 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil -- 1 teaspoon
- Sugar -- 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil -- 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Garlic, minced -- 1 to 2 cloves
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional) -- 1 teaspoon
- While the mushrooms are soaking, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the mushrooms. Cut off and discard the stems and slice the caps into strips.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and stir fry until they begin to brown. Add the garlic and stir fry another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sauce. Remove to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature.
Beuseus Namul Variations
- Try using a variety of mushrooms for this dish, both fresh and dried.