(Swedish mustard-dill sauce)
Makes about 3/4 cup
- Dijon mustard -- 1/4 cup
- White or red wine vinegar -- 1 tablespoon
- Sugar -- 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper -- a pinch of each
- Vegetable oil -- 1/2 cup
- Fresh dill, chopped -- 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Mix the mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper together well in a medium-sized bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Stir in the chopped dill, adjust seasoning to taste and serve chilled.
- Try using other types of mustard, but avoid bright yellow mustards. Swedish-style mustard is mild and sweet. Adjust the amount of vinegar and sugar as needed.