(Irish whiskey, coffee and cream cocktail)
- Hot coffee -- 1/2 cup (4 ounces)
- Irish whiskey -- 1/4 cup (2 ounces)
- Brown sugar -- 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Heavy cream, beaten until just frothy -- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces)
- Fill a clear glass mug with hot water to warm it up. Pour out the hot water and add the hot coffee to the warmed mug. Stir in the whiskey and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Carefully pour the heavy cream over a spoon onto the top of the coffee so that a layer of cream floats on top of the coffee.
- Serve hot — without a straw or stirrer — and drink the coffee through the layer of cream.
Irish Coffee Variations
- Some recipes use whipped cream instead, but the original recipe does not. Cream that is a few days old will be more likely to float than very fresh cream.